We do a lot of work before we act. If the results are not as expected we work to exit quickly – we do not believe in massaging marginal assets.
Pan Asia’s management and investment philosophy is simple. We act like owners because:
- We aim for a stable and adaptable working environment which allows our technicians to focus on what matters so that performance and results will be achieved
- Our staff are encouraged to make decisions and be accountable, naturally grooming them to act like leaders in their fields of focus
- Our staff are discouraged from creating or participating in ineffective and bureaucratic decision-making processes
This allows us to achieve our objectives, which are:
- To respond creatively to the demands of a quickly changing environment
- To re-assess current opportunities as new information is generated
- To position ourselves to act quickly and wisely when new opportunities present
Our shareholder – stakeholders reporting will be candid but at times our candor may be checked as it will prohibit our securing of new opportunities – good ideas and opportunities are rare.
Like Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger, we also eat our own cooking.